Friday, September 11, 2009

Here's the thing...

Yesterday was my 41st birthday.  As I take my first steps into my 42nd year I look around me and can honestly say that I'm really not entirely sure how I got here!!  I mean, where did the time go?  My grammy used to say that as we get older time passes faster, but as a kid I totally didn't get it.  Now I wish for the magic dust that slows the passage of time!

I have had many, many adventures over the last forty odd years - wonderful for the most part, some not so much.  I intend to have many more adventures over the next forty to fifty years, so I had better stay sharp because time isn't going to wait for me to pay attention!  Lately I have learned that when you don't pay attention to your own life you miss so much and more often then not you stray off course.  Yes, I only just learned this lately... Some things take longer to learn than others!

So, here's the thing... I'm done straying off course.  That's not to say that I wont change course from time to time, but it will be with intent - not because I had my head in the clouds while life was happening all around me!  I am going to live each day with purpose and joy and I'm going to take you along with me!  Are you ready?  I am....

Over the course of the next year, my 42nd year in the making, I have a few things that I am going to accomplish. Here they are are in a convenient list!

  • Enjoy every bit of every day
  • Run 3 miles with no stopping or walking
  • Finish writing novel
  • Remember to look at the beauty around me everyday
  • Participate in a triathelon
  • Have a baby
  • Be the best me I can be - always!
  • Chronicle my efforts regularly on this blog
These are the things that top my list right now... some of them are already underway, some are simply reminders and others I haven't even started....

I ask again - Are you ready?  Well, I am, so - Let's go have the BEST day yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Awesome!!!! Shawn you are a truely amazing woman and I'm proud to be your sister!!

Side note Mom GREAT JOB!!!

Mom said...

Good posts Shawn. Keep it up!