Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Where do the days go?

I had a call from my sister yesterday. 

"So, uh, why aren't you blogging anymore?" she asked.

Hmmm, I really don't have an answer for that!  I let "stuff" take over my life and have completely lost track of the days.  I really didn't realize how much time has passed since I last was here, putting my thoughts down and sending them out into the blogisphere.

This is one of the things I am working on NOT happening in my life.  I made my "new years resolutions", so to speak, on my birthday in September.  One of them, one of the most important I think, is to enjoy every day and really live my life.  Not just pass through, but really take notice of what it is I am doing and who I am doing it with. 

Life is waaaayyy too short to speed through it - you miss all the good parts and forget to see the beauty that is everywhere around us.

So, where do the days go?  I still don't have an answer to that, but from now on I will at least be able to tell you what I did with my days!  And from now on, I will be more faithful in sharing those days with you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo very proud of you sister !!! You are wayyy more dedicatid than I !

Love you WHOLE !!! Katie Marie

Kate said...

So true Shawn. I've made the same promises to myself (to blog more AND 'stop and smell the roses') and some days, actually most days just zip right past us.

Thanks for the gentle reminder!

Miss you!

Shawn said...

Katie Marie - Thanks so much Lovey! That really means a lot to me. I love you WHOLE too!

Kathleen - It's good to know I'm not alone! It's also nice to be missed - Thanks!

GoodmanPaintAndGaming said...

Shawn, your stick-to-it-ness is inspiring. Thank you for picking the proverbial pencil back up and showing me how it is done.

kathryn said...

You write whenever you can, sweetie! It's not supposed to be a CHORE. And you are 100% correct. Life is for living...you can always write about it LATER.

Shawn said...

Eric - Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Enjoy your day!

Kathryn - Thanks!!! Have a fabulous day!